Just a quick note to let you know that I’ll be giving my last reading for 2009 from The Heart’s Traffic tomorrow night (Friday, Dec. 18, 5-8pm) at Yi HwaRo restaraunt (3465 W 6th St, Ste 130, Los Angeles, CA 90020)! I’ll also be running a generative poetry workshop after the reading so bring your notebooks & pens if you want to write.
Some other news from my part of the world —
* My poem, “The Sky’s Full Contents,” written when I was a city girl dreaming of desert found a home years later sent from an envelope in the desert in Monday Night 8: http://www.mondaynightlit.com/read/8_chen.html
* There’s a lovely review by Supriya Misra at Lantern Review, a great new site for Asian American poetry. Check it out here: http://lanternreview.com/blog/2009/11/09/review-ching-in-chens-the-hearts-traffic/
* Thanks to Boston Progress for recording my Boston book launch & interviewing me for the book — http://www.bprlive.org/2009/07/10/ching-in-chen-reads-from-and-discusses-her-book-the-hearts-traffic/
* Thank you to Poemeleon’s Cati Porter for naming The Heart’s Traffic as one of the best poetry books of 2009 at No Tell Poetry’s blog: http://notellpoetry.blogspot.com/2009/12/best-poetry-books-2009-cati-porter.html
* I’ll also be a guest on the radio show, umüvme (you-move-me), hosted by yolanda wisher & mark palacio, tuesdays @ 9pm EST on http://www.gtownradio.com (click on “Listen: Hi” in the top right hand corner of the homepage to tune in)
Happy end of the year!